Here’s My (Your) Story of Productivity
Hi, I am Kartik (a productivity enthusiast) I am a proud 21st century Indian Millennial.
I have only one reason to write this blogpost –
I want people to know how I taught myself productivity.
My mantra for life is Carpe Diem!
I tend to think about tomorrow only if there is a customer whose deadline is approaching. So if you are in my place, it is very difficult to gather the metrics for productivity.
I don’t learn lessons from the past, don’t take cue from the present, and don’t think much about the future.
So Why Am I Talking About How To Get Productive?
I have learnt to live dual lives – one as a growth hacker for Orgzit, and another as a son, brother and the 21st century millennial. I take what I have learnt from Orgzit and try to implement it in my life, and vice versa.
It is an exchange program that has been highly successful for me
What Did Orgzit Teach Me?
- How to breed productivity within oneself
- How to nurture it
- How to make a habit out of it
How Did Orgzit Teach Me This?
**My previous workplace
At my previous workplace, my internal communication channel was Skype (not the business version). All the files and communication used to take place on that platform (with the occasional mail). We even had in-house developers who used to work hard to develop the backend for a robust CRM.
Then there was the Recruitment and the HR team who used to keep a ever growing (and dust accumulating) stack of Excel files which contained the candidate database.
My daily reporting was a tough and time consuming compilation of shared information from multiple communication and file sharing channels.
I didn’t care at that time. It was tough to compile that report but I took time at face value.
**My current Workplace
When I started off, I knew the idea of getting all information together in one place might get a lot tricky.
So I started slow. I started keeping tab of my data on Orgzit (from work to personal)
and things started to change –
- I realized until you change the status of that work item from ‘In progress’ to ‘Completed’, you feel like the day is not yet over.
- I realized that information at one place is a good and less time consuming thing to have.
- I realized that it pushes me forward to complete what I have assigned myself for that day.
Now since my growing association with Orgzit has made me an acute judge of the structure and features of other task management solutions, I believe I can tell you three things about Orgzit that might make you think twice about considering any other app –
- It is so customizable that you might start doing a lot more than just task management
- Our customers are using it as their customizable ERP for quite a number of use cases
- They like it
I think all the ‘daily productive task activities’ blogposts that you read, you might be directly able to implement them in Orgzit.
I think I have made my point.
If you think this is something that might be of some help to increase your daily quota of productivity, ping me. I will make sure you will get the most of it.
P.S – I think Orgzit is a fresh breath in the overcrowded town of productivity.
We are high on co-innovation, and we follow its ethics as religiously as a pundit. Come join us 🙂
- How To Manage Leads When Selling Through Dealers ?
- Challenges of Cross Functional Collaboration and Practical Solutions
- Tips for Building Cross-Functional Team
- 6 Hacks for Effectively Managing a Remote Team in Achieving Full Productivity
- Accelerate Strategic Success With Cross Functional Collaboration
Orgzit is a platform for creating custom software solutions for everyday business challenges.
Teams from Startups to Fortune 500 companies use Orgzit to manage data and automate their work, their way.